Get to know Beijing and its amazing history by visiting three of the city's most impressive historic attractions: Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Beijing is an enormous city of nearly 15 million people, with one of the oldest cultures on earth.
- Tour the Tian An Men Tower, monument to the People's Heroes, Great Hall of the People and Chairman Mao's monument
- Explore the legendary Forbidden City, also known as the Imperial Palace Museum
- Stroll through the Temple of Heaven, built in the Ming and Qing dynasties
- You'll have the opportunity to enjoy traditional Chinese tea
- Chinese style lunch
- Informative and friendly guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Book before December 31, 2013, and save up to 14% on the recommended retail rate
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Your relaxed seven-hour tour begins at Tian'anmen Square, focusing on a more recent page from China's history and the Cultural Revolution of Chairman Mao Zedong. You will tour the grounds and see Tian'anmen Tower, monument to the People's Heroes, Great Hall of the People and Chairman Mao's monument.
Then it's on to the legendary Forbidden City, known as the Imperial Palace Museum. The history of every dynasty is represented here in four palatial halls, and you'll have the most in-depth visit of the Forbidden City available on this tour.
After a substantial lunch, your final destination is the aptly named Temple of Heaven, dating from the 15th century. Built in the Ming and Qing dynasties, the Temple of Heaven was the center of prayer, traditional ceremonies and sacrificial rites. To complete your sightseeing you'll have the opportunity to enjoy traditional Chinese tea.