- Semi-private walking tour to learn about China's ancient philosophies and religions
- See the Lama Temple and discover how Buddhism spread to China
- Visit the Confucius Temple and see how Confucius' thought has left an influential legacy to Chinese people
- Watch the practice of tai chi and learn how it is connected to Daoism
- Scholar (PhD)-led tour, offers an educational experience
- Semi-private group limited to six passengers, ensuring a unique experience
Next, visit the Lama Temple, the most renowned Tibetan Buddhist temple outside of Tibet. Here, your expert docent will tell you about the arrival of Buddhism in China and its role in religious life over the past two millennia. Learn about the main principles of Buddhism and how it has intertwined with the other major Chinese religions.
Finish your walking tour at the Ming Dynasty-constructed Altar of the Earth. See elderly Beijing people practice tai chi in the morning and discover the primary concept of chi (energy of life) in Daoism.
This tour will give you a thorough understanding of the history and influence of Confucianism, Buddhism and Daoism on China and its people.