- Private day trip from Beijing to the Great Wall of China and the Longqingxia Ravine
- Climb one of the most well-preserved sections of the Great Wall at Badaling
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Great Wall from the watch towers
- Visit Longqingxia Ravine, and see the spectacular gorges and pristine lake
- Shop at Longdi Jade Factory
- English-speaking private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Enjoy a Chinese lunch before continuing your day trip to the Longqingxia Ravine (also called the Dragon’s Rejoice Ravine), a beautiful ravine on the Gucheng River. An iconic landscape of the Longqingxia Ravine is the Jiguanshan (Rooster Crown Mountain). The mountain is a solitary peak surrounded by water on all three sides and resembles a rooster lying down. Rent a boat to get up close to the ravine covered by lush vegetation.
Finish your day at the famous Longdi Jade Factory, where you can see Chinese artisans carve beautiful jade handicrafts and purchase souvenirs to take home.
We got a friendly and athletic young lady guide. She was astute in suggesting that we ascend the Great Wall in the opposite direction of the crowd, ensuring a relaxing ascent without having to jostle with the rest of the crowd. When we went in June, this was a new trip for the tour company. The guide and driver were not familiar with the route to the ravine but everything went smoothly with the aid of a GPS. Long Qing Xia was a departure from the usual tourist crowded places and definitely worth the one hour drive there. It was a tranquil and beautiful scene to behold. The guide could have provided more explanation about the places we were visiting but otherwise we enjoyed ourselves very much!
This tour was amazing!
An enjoyable day. I would recommend this trip combination.