Chinese New Year Special! Book from now until March 9, 2015 and save 20% off our previous price!
- Private day trip from Beijing to the Great Wall of China and the Ming Tombs
- Climb the Juyongguan Pass, a strategic military stronghold at the Great Wall
- Discover Ming Dynasty history and treasures at the Ming Tombs
- Private tour ensures personalized attention and experience
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Surrounded by mountains, Juyongguan Pass served as a strategic military stronghold and was the site of many battles. The ancient pass was originally built in the Han Dynasty (220-206 BC) as a fortification, and later rebuilt to link it to the Great Wall of China. The circular pass is complete with supporting facilities, including a city tower, watch tower and a meeting place for the emperor. Juyongguan is surrounded by lush forests and magnificent mountains.
Enjoy lunch at a Chinese restaurant before heading to the Ming Tombs for a glimpse of ancient Chinese history and imperial culture. Enter the tombs through the Great Red Gate, covered with imperial yellow roof tiles. As you make your way down the main road called the Spirit Way, see the 36 impressive stone statutes of guardian officials and animals carved in the 15th century.
Continue your walk down the path to explore the Chang Ling Tomb. The Chang Ling Tomb is the largest and best-preserved of the Ming Tombs and is divided into three stunning courtyards.