- Full-day private tour of Beijing with an expert English-speaking guide
- Walk around Tiananmen Square and hear about its historical and cultural significance
- Visit two architecturally impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven
- Interact with locals during a traditional Chinese tea ceremony and join in on afternoon activities like tai chi
- Discover the interesting history of silk production in China on a tour of a silk factory
- Delight in a traditional lunch of Chinese specialties
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and a private air-conditioned transport included
Book now and save up to 10% off the recommended retail price if 2 or more people traveling together!
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Walk to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Forbidden City, a Chinese imperial palace that served as a ceremonial and political center of the Chinese government for nearly 500 years. It now houses the Palace Museum, where you will see an extensive collection of artwork and artifacts from the Ming Dynasty and Qing Dynasty.
Then, hope back into your private transport for a quick drive to a nearby popular restaurant to enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch. Afterward, head to a nearby silk factory in your vehicle. Here, watch and learn all about the meticulous process of producing silk – one of China’s most important commodities.
Your guide will then drive you to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Temple of Heaven, the largest complex of ancient sacrificial buildings in China, occupying an area of 674 acres (273 hectares). Walk through the temple and learn about its profound influence on the region’s architecture. Here, you can join locals in traditional activities like tai chi or dancing.
Next, enjoy a quick drive to a nearby tea house to witness a Chinese tea ceremony and learn about Chinese tea culture. Taste traditional hot and cold Chinese tea, coupled with delightful snacks. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at your Beijing hotel.
At the end of the day, relax on the drive back to your Beijing hotel.