- Full-day private tour of Beijing with an expert English-speaking guide
- Walk around Tiananmen Square and hear about its historical and cultural significance
- Visit two architecturally impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven
- Interact with locals and join afternoon activities like tai chi
- Delight in a traditional lunch of Chinese specialties
- Hotel pickup and drop-off with private air-conditioned transport included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Walk to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Forbidden City, a Chinese imperial palace that served as a ceremonial and political center of the Chinese government for nearly 500 years. It now houses the Palace Museum, where you will see an extensive collection of artwork and artifacts from the Ming Dynasty and Qing Dynasty.
**Please be advised that the Forbidden City is closed on Mondays. Temple of Heaven or Summer Palace will be substituted instead.
Then, hop back into your private transport for a quick drive to a nearby popular restaurant to enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch. Afterward, your guide will drive you to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Temple of Heaven, the largest complex of ancient sacrificial buildings in China, occupying an area of 674 acres (273 hectares). Walk through the temple and learn about its profound influence on the region’s architecture. Here, you can join locals in traditional activities like tai chi or dancing.
At the end of the day, relax on the drive back to your Beijing hotel.
Our Guide was Awesome! Ask for RITA! She goes above and beyond to make the experience exceptional. Her English is fantastic. She truly went above and beyond to cater to all of our needs. She recommended some fun things to do in the city and made some personal stops for us. One of our favorite tours from the trip.