- 3-hour nighttime walking tour of Beijing
- Experience local night life as you stroll down lively hutongs
- Walk along the Imperial City park and pass ancient structures like St Joseph's Church, Bell Tower and Drum Tower
- Try some exotic foods at the Wangfujing Snack Street night market (own expense)
- Admire the beautiful scenery and relaxing atmosphere at Houhai Lake
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSCF1270Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1261Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1258Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1255Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1251Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1250Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1243.Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1234Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1224Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1222Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1190Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1182Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1174Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1169Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1161Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1160Photo by: Anonymous
- DSCF1156Photo by: Anonymous
- IMG_1723Photo by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
This bustling area of food stalls and restaurants is a great place to get elbow-to-elbow with diners feasting on a wide array of exotic snacks such as starfish, seahorse, scorpion and lamb kababs, flat bread, steaming bowls of málà tàng (spicy noodle soup) and zhájiàngmiàn (noodles in fried bean sauce). If you wish, your guide can provide recommendations on what to try (own expense).
Continue walking along the Imperial City park to see locals exercising, dancing and playing badminton at the park. Then, walk down Nanluoguxiang Hutong, a famous local alley filled with hundreds of small shops. Approach Ming dynasty-era Bell Tower and Drum Tower, built 600 years ago, and learn about the structures from your guide.
Finally, walk through bustling Yandaixiejie Hutong on your way to Houhai lake, surrounded by several bars, coffee houses and nightclubs. Admire the beautiful evening scenery and the relaxing atmosphere here, where you tour ends.
I just spent a wonderful evening walking through many nice neighborhoods in Beijing, from Wangfujing Street, past many colorful street food vendors with exotic food, through nice parks with tree-lined sidewalks, past the Bell Tower and Drum Tower Culture Square, and finally winding in and out the Hutongs that branch off from Beihai Lake, with beautiful sunset and night views of all the colorful shops, restaurants and neon-lit bars. My guide, Kitty, was charming and knowledgeable. She is from Beijing and gave me a great tour that I would highly recommend to anyone. I really enjoyed her company and stories, and the pace of our walk was perfect.
This was the highlight of my Beijing visit. What a wonderful guide who spoke English well and showed me the sights of Beijing on foot.
Incredible tour. Dean did an amazing job showing me all the sights, sounds and smells of Beijing at night. He did an excellent job explaining the culture and history of the city, and kept me very very safe and entertained the entire time. I highly recommend this tour!
My tour guide Robert really knew where to go and waited for me for every vendor I stopped and shopped at. Very good tour that shows you the true residential insides of Beijing.
This was such a sweet evening. I had such a great walk and talk with Lucy. She was a treat. A great tour -- where I would not have gone out alone. Thanks
A small group of four with an excellent tour guide. Amy was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. The places visited were interesting and the pace was good. The opportunity to taste a food of choice from the street markets was a nice surprise.
Amy was our guide on this trip.She was brilliant!We would completely recommend this tour.