Limited to eight people, this small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience.
- Embark on a moderate 3-hour hike along the Great Wall with your expert guide
- Experience both original and restored sections of the wall at Simatai West and Jinshanling
- Relax over a home-cooked lunch and chat with local farmers
- Proceeds from this tour go toward supporting the local farm community in Beijing
- You'll receive a certificate of completion after your hike!
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Follow your expert guide to Jinshanling to experience both original and restored sections of the wall. Catch scenic views of watch towers snaking along the mountain. Some of these 2-story and 3-story towers have flat roofs, others are rounded and others are pitched with upturned eaves.
You’ll hike for 7 miles (12 km) on mostly paved ground, and there are a few stretches of unrestored pathways with stairs and steep gradients. Refuel as much as you like with your provided bottled water.
Be sure to bring your camera! Throughout your hike, you’ll be awarded with amazing views of steep gradients rising and dipping into the distance, giving you a constantly changing perspective.
After the hike, head to a local farmer's restaurant to have lunch. Meet and chat with the farmers over a home-cooked Chinese meal and learn the surrounding community development.
End your tour with drop-off at your original departure point in Beijing. To remember your amazing hike, you'll receive a certificate of completion!