- Full-day trip to Baalbek, Anjar and Ksara from Beirut
- Explore three fascinating cities and marvel at several well-preserved historical remains, such as Heliopolis and the Temple of Jupiter
- Discover Ksara Chateau -- one of Lebanon's oldest wineries – and enjoy a wine tasting
- Savor traditional Lebanese cuisine at a local restaurant
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
After a relaxing lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a Lebanese restaurant (included), continue your day trip to the town of Anjar. After an approximate 1-hour journey by coach, arrive in this beautifully preserved city and walk through the souks (markets). With your guide, visit Anjar's Umayyad Ruins, a remarkable complex of ruins dating back to 705 AD. Experience the influence of previous cultures as you admire the city's Hellenistic-Roman architecture.
Next, leave Anjar and venture to Ksara. This magnificent village was covered by sand for centuries, and the well-preserved Ksara Caves were found by chance in 1898 by Jesuit priests. It is now the refuge of the well-known Ksara Chateau, where thousands of old wine bottles are preserved. Take a walk to the caves and learn about the various processes involved in wine production before savoring a tasting of exquisite local wines.
After your day trip, sit back and relax on the scenic drive back to Beirut.