- Full-day trip to Baalbek, Anjar and Ksara from Beirut
- Explore three fascinating cities and marvel at several well-preserved historical remains, such as Heliopolis and the Temple of Jupiter
- Discover Ksara Chateau -- one of Lebanon's oldest wineries – and enjoy a wine tasting
- Savor traditional Lebanese cuisine at a local restaurant
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After a relaxing lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a Lebanese restaurant (included), continue your day trip to the town of Anjar. After an approximate 1-hour journey by coach, arrive in this beautifully preserved city and walk through the souks (markets). With your guide, visit Anjar's Umayyad Ruins, a remarkable complex of ruins dating back to 705 AD. Experience the influence of previous cultures as you admire the city's Hellenistic-Roman architecture.
Next, leave Anjar and venture to Ksara. This magnificent village was covered by sand for centuries, and the well-preserved Ksara Caves were found by chance in 1898 by Jesuit priests. It is now the refuge of the well-known Ksara Chateau, where thousands of old wine bottles are preserved. Take a walk to the caves and learn about the various processes involved in wine production before savoring a tasting of exquisite local wines.
After your day trip, sit back and relax on the scenic drive back to Beirut.
Please note: Though the US Department of State has issued a warning against travel to Lebanon due to safety and security concerns, Viator’s Lebanon tours continue to operate with no disruptions. We are in frequent contact with our local suppliers and guides in Lebanon, and they report that all tours are operating as scheduled. Should the situation change, we will update this information and customers will be notified of alterations or cancellations to tours.