- Day trip from Beirut to Baalbek, Kozhaya and the Cedars of Lebanon
- Enjoy the cities that are considered to be Lebanon's best-kept secrets with your expert guide
- Discover Baalbek’s Roman temples and the famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Savor traditional Lebanese cuisine in a quality local restaurant (included)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
After a relaxing lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a Lebanese restaurant (included), continue your day trip to the town of Kozhaya. After an approximate one-hour journey by coach, arrive in this beautifully preserved city, part of the Holy Valley, where Maronites used to hide during the Ottoman period. With your expert guide, visit the Monastery of St Anthony, which was built partly into the mountain and boasts a beautiful setting of forest and valley.
Next, leave Kozhaya to discover the Cedars of Lebanon, magnificent cedar trees that stand as a symbol of the country; they are located in the Besharre region in northern Lebanon. Go up into the mountains of Lebanon's highest range with your guide to see a cedar grove that descends from ancient forests once prized throughout the world for their fine wood. Your guide will tell you all about their wood – how it is strong, straight and wonderfully scented, and how these cedar forests were nearly destroyed as a result. Wood from cedar trees was always the first choice for any temple or palace, and top prices were paid for it.
After this excellent photo opportunity, return to Beirut in the relaxing comfort of your luxury coach.