- Private day trip to Baalbek, Anjar and Ksara from Beirut
- Explore three fascinating cities and marvel at several well-preserved ancient remains, such as Heliopolis and the Temple of Jupiter
- Discover Chateau Ksara-- one of Lebanon's oldest wineries – and enjoy a wine tasting
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included (if option selected)
- Private tour by comfortable minivan ensures a more personalized experience
Upon arrival, take a leisurely walking tour around this ancient town. Marvel at the Baalbek Heliopolis, a group of Roman temples and other structures that are some of the largest and best-preserved examples of Roman architecture still existing in Lebanon. Explore the Temple of Jupiter and discover its impressive podium and a vast rectangular courtyard, where sacrifices were carried out.
After enjoying lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a local Lebanese restaurant (own expense), continue your journey to the town of Anjar. After a scenic 1-hour drive, arrive in this beautifully preserved city and stroll through the souks (markets). With your guide, visit Anjar's Umayyad Ruins, a spectacular complex of ruins dating back to 705 AD. Experience the influence of past cultures as you admire the city's Hellenistic-Roman architecture.
Next, venture to Ksara. This magnificent village was covered by sand for centuries, and the well-preserved Ksara Caves were discovered in 1898 by Jesuit priests. It is now the refuge of the well-known Chateau Ksara, one of Lebanon’s oldest wineries where thousands of old wine bottles are preserved. Take a stroll through the caves and learn about the various processes involved in wine production before savoring a tasting of exquisite local wines.
After your private day trip, sit back and relax in your minivan on the scenic drive back to Beirut. Hotel pickup and drop-off can also be arranged.