- Private day trip from Beirut to Byblos, Jeita Grotto and Harissa
- Take a scenic drive through Byblos, one of the world’s oldest cities
- Explore one of the most intriguing archaeological areas in Beirut
- Visit attractions such as the Jeita Grotto, Byblos Castle and the Virgin Mary Statue in Harissa
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Private tour by comfortable minivan ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the 7,000-year-old city of Byblos, one of the oldest cities in the world. The rise and fall of nearly 24 successive civilizations means this site has some of the most archeological areas in the country. Today’s busy, modern Byblos is home to a medieval Roman port, which is one of the city’s tourist hotspots. Your guide will teach you about the landmarks in this area such as Byblos Castle, built by the crusaders in the 12th century. You’ll also learn about the extensive remains of city’s rich historical past.
After a relaxing lunch of traditional meze and tapas at a Lebanese restaurant in Byblos (own expense), continue your journey to Harissa. This beautiful village boasts stunning panoramic views across the Bay of Jounieh on the Mediterranean coast. Marvel at the Statue of the Virgin Mary, which can be seen from miles away, and visit inside the statue's base (free entry) – a chapel with an exterior spiral staircase. This sanctuary is a destination for many pilgrims who come from far and wide. After a photo opportunity at this top Lebanon attraction, return to Beirut in the relaxing comfort of your private minivan.