- Private day trip from Beirut to Byblos, Jeita Grotto and Harissa
- Take a scenic drive through Byblos, one of the world’s oldest cities
- Explore one of the most intriguing archaeological areas in Beirut
- Visit attractions such as the Jeita Grotto, Byblos Castle and the Virgin Mary Statue in Harissa
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Private tour by comfortable minivan ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
From Jeita you’ll make your way to Byblos—one of the oldest cities on earth. Home to more than 24 successive civilizations, this 7,000-year-old city is among the top archeological areas in the nation. Follow your guide through some of the highlights, including the Byblos Castle, as you explore this ancient destination.
Enjoy a traditional Lebanese lunch (own expense) before making your way to Harissa, where you’ll get an up close look at the Statue of the Virgin Mary—including the chapel and spiral staircase—and have the opportunity to look out over impressive views of the Bay of Jounieh. Your guide will explain how these religious sites are a destination for pilgrims from across the globe. Settle back in to the comfort of your private vehicle for the return trip to your Beirut hotel, where this incredible tour ends.
Extremely interesting tour. Our guide, Georgette, was extremely knowledgeable regarding the history of the area. The Jeita Grotto was spectacular and a highlight of the trip!
Went on this tour with 2 of my friends, we had a great time, it was well worth it and we recommend it to anyone going to Lebanon.