- Private day trip from Beirut to Besharreh, Kozhaya and the Cedars of Lebanon
- Explore Lebanon’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed Holy Valley
- Visit the Monastery of St Anthony, the Gibran Museum and the beautiful Cedars of Lebanon
- See the birthplace of the famous Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran
- Private tour with transport by comfortable minivan ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Enjoy a relaxing lunch of traditional meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) and tapas at a Lebanese restaurant (own expense) before continuing your trip to Kozhaya. After an approximate 1-hour journey, arrive in this beautifully preserved city, part of the Holy Valley, where Maronites once hid during the turbulent Ottoman period. With your guide, visit the Monastery of St Anthony (free entry), which was built partly into the mountain and boasts gorgeous vistas of the surrounding forest and valley.
Next, leave Kozhaya and head to northern Lebanon to discover the Cedars of Lebanon, magnificent cedar trees that stand as a symbol of the country. Drive up into Lebanon’s highest mountain range to see a cedar grove descending from ancient forests. Walk around with your guide and learn how the strong, wonderfully scented wood was once prized worldwide, and how these cedar forests were nearly destroyed as a result.
After your private day trip, board your comfortable minivan for a relaxing drive back to Beirut.
Please note: Though the US Department of State has issued a warning against travel to Lebanon due to safety and security concerns, Viator’s Lebanon tours continue to operate with no disruptions. We are in frequent contact with our local suppliers and guides in Lebanon, and they report that all tours are operating as scheduled. Should the situation change, we will update this information and customers will be notified of alterations or cancellations to tours.