- Day trip from Beirut to Tyre, Sidon and Maghdouche
- Explore World Heritage-listed Tyre and see its beautiful buildings, such as the Crusader Cathedral of Tyre
- See Lebanon's famous landmarks like the Sidon Sea Castle
- Savor a traditional Lebanese lunch of hot and cold meze or tapas
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your local expert guide
- Travel by air-conditioned coach
Continuing your day trip, leave Tyre for the breathtaking city of Sidon, a thriving commercial center serving the entire region. Admire the ruins of the Sidon Sea Castle and the Castle of Saint-Louis, known as the Land Castle. Explore the impressive Great Mosque with your guide, and hear how it was built in the 16th century on the foundations of a Crusader building. Then enjoy lunch: a selection of hot and cold meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) or tapas at a traditional Lebanese restaurant.
Next it's on to Maghdouche, a short journey away by coach. See the city’s interesting monuments, such as the Old Cave or the Al-Saydeh Ancient Church. At the town’s entrance, on a high hill looking back at the city of Sidon, stands the statue of Lady Mantara, Maghdouche's most famous landmark.
After your visit in Maghdouche, you'll return to Beirut with your local guide.
Reviewed by Sara M, April 2013
This tour was my favorite. It was awe inspiring to be in the same place that Jesus walked. Both towns by the Mediterranean offered fantastic views of the city and the sea. The tour guide was amazing and she shared a lot of local knowledge as well as the history of the region.
Reviewed by Sebastian, October 2012
The tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The spectacular Roman ruins in Tyre are a must-see and the visit to the soap factory in Sidon was very enjoyable. Maghdouche was interesting also. I would have liked more time for souvenir shopping but everything else about the tour was excellent.