- Full-day Game of Thrones and Giant’s Causeway tour from Belfast
- Hear insider gossip about the popular HBO TV series, based on George Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels
- Visit the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to a shadow baby and learn about King Joffrey
- Stop for photos on the Dark Hedges road and in front of the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
- Enjoy free time to explore the Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Stop in the town of Cushendun and walk to the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to her ‘shadow baby’ who went on to slay Renly Baratheon. Hear tales of the power struggles, battles and trysts between the noble families of Westeros, and learn all about the exploits of King Joffrey Baratheon.
Travel by coach to Ballycastle to see where Varys was born as a slave in the Free Cities, and after stretching your legs on a stroll, travel to the Dark Hedges road. With its natural archway of intertwined trees, the road is one of Northern Ireland’s most photographed locations and the place where Ayra Stark dressed as a boy to escape from King’s Landing. Pose for pictures, and then continue your journey north.
The next destination is Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge – an iconic crossing that connects the mainland to Carrick-a-Rede Island. While not used in Game of Thrones, the bridge is framed by magnificent headland that provided a backdrop for several scenes. After a quick photo stop, continue to the fishing village of Ballintoy for lunch (own expense), and then travel to the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway,
While the location hasn’t been used in Game of Thrones, the site is the Causeway Coast’s showpiece, and it’s well worth visiting while in the area. Walk around admiring the hexagonal rock columns and gaze out at the crashing waves along the dramatic coastline.
Board your coach and travel back to Belfast, your tour then finishes in the early evening in the center of Belfast.