Explore Belize's culture, architecture and diverse wildlife on a guided tour of Belize City and its distinguished zoo. You'll see a wide variety of Central American animals and experience the ancient civilization of the Maya. Add this exciting adventure to your Belize itinerary for a day of real Central American fun!
- Half-day trip combining a Belize City tour and visit to Belize Zoo
- Guided tour of Belize City highlights
- St. John's Cathedral, Government House and Supreme Court buildings
- See native cats, primates, reptiles and birds at Belize Zoo
- Choice of morning and afternoon tours
- Pickup and drop off from most Belize City hotels
What You Can Expect
An incredible array of Central America's wildlife can be found just a short scenic drive away from Belize City at the Belize Zoo. The zoo is home to an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds, giving you the opportunity to view Belize's prolific wildlife in one location. As an added bonus, you'll see the famous sites of Belize City on the way!
Belize City is the commercial capital of the country and is home to about 75,000 people. You'll view the Colonial Governor's Mansion, the redbrick St. John's Cathedral, and the Supreme Court buildings, flanked by cannons used in the Battle of St. George's Caye in 1798.
The trip was educational and delightful. The tour leader told me much about the country as well as the city, and zoo history. The only reason I didn't check the fifth star is that hurricane damage still exists at the zoo. The paths are all clear and the zoo is well maintained.