- Bike tour of Berlin
- Learn about Berlin's complex past
- See top attractions like Alexanderplatz and the Berlin Wall
- Bike rental and helmet included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Bike TourPhoto by: Jodi R
Germany, 09 2011
- Tippping it down in ...Photo by: Nigel F
- Bike TourPhoto by: Arpar C
- bikesPhoto by: Clare B
- This is where the office is ...Photo by: Conchita A
- Many comfy bikesPhoto by: Conchita A
- Kate in volle actie en wij ...Photo by: Rik V
- Parliment buildingPhoto by: Eileen N
- FrokostpausePhoto by: Knud-Erik S
- Berliner DomPhoto by: Robert L
- TiergartenPhoto by: Maxim P
- Gids SofiePhoto by: Hendrik A
- starting the tourPhoto by: Diana Mihaela I
- P1050425Photo by: JOANNE L
- P1050399Photo by: JOANNE L
- P1050397Photo by: JOANNE L
- P1050416Photo by: JOANNE L
- Berlin Bike TourPhoto by: Ryan & Asha
- More TomPhoto by: Bill S
USA, 09 2012
- Bikes at the biergartenPhoto by: Bill S
USA, 09 2012
What You Can Expect
Understand all facets of Berlin in one bike tour: Berlin's founding, the Prussians, Weimar Republic, Hitler and the Third Reich, as a city divided by the Wall during the Cold War, and the Berlin of today. Tours begin with a brief introduction to Berlin before hopping on the bikes. You will stop every couple hundred yards (meters) to talk about the sights and for photo opportunities. Along the way you will stop at a beautiful beer garden where you can experience Berlin as the locals do!
Berlin Bike Tour Highlights:
- Marx/Engels Platz
- Palast der Republik (former DDR Parliament)
- Museum Island
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Berlin Wall
- Potsdamer Platz
- Site of Hitler's bunker
- Deathstrip watchtower
- Brandenburg Gate
- Ride along the Spree River and through the Tiergarten Park
- Siegessaeule (Victory Column)
- Bebelplatz (site of Nazi book-burning)
Because there is so much to see in Berlin and this city is so bike friendly, simply the best way to see this city is by bike. The tour takes advantage of the many bike paths the city offers - more than 95% of the tour is on bike paths and through parks. When you do ride on the streets, ride along the less-traveled roads. All insurance is included.
Ultra-hard seats? Razor-thin tires? Not on this tour! With new curvy beach cruisers these bikes are the pinnacles of city-biking comfort. With cushy seats, fat tires and handlebars that come up to meet you, it just doesn't get more relaxed. Of course these bikes perform as well. There are vice-like brakes to make sure you stop quickly. And with multiple gears, you can choose your level of pedal-pushing effort (all bikes also come with fun bells and unique names making these quite possibly the coolest bikes on the planet).
Ride rain or shine. The weather in Berlin can vary quickly, so you may want to bring a light jumper or rain jacket. The bikes come equipped with bike racks if you don't need to wear it. Also, a limited number of gloves and rain jackets are available, but again, it's better to be on the safe side and plan ahead.
Regardless if this is your first trip to Berlin of if you already feel like "ein Berliner", this is a great way to see the city and understand what makes Berlin so special. Here are just some of the many reasons why:
- Berlin is a very flat, bike-friendly city and our tours take advantage of this by riding almost exclusively on bike paths and less-traveled roads.
- You'll stop every few hundred meters to discuss the sights, so tours aren't the least bit strenuous.
A great day out and about. Very knowledgeable tour guides. Would certainly recommend it. Lunch was great too!
Great bike tour! Randal was a fantastic tour guide around the city. We also loved the lunch. Highly recommend.
Go with Andrew He knows all about the history of Berlin and tells it in a captivating manner.
Andrew you should become a history teacher.
This was fun. We saw a lot of Berlin and got some exercise. Not too physical, but we saw a lot. Berlin is very bike friendly for the most part. Good overview of the city in a short time. Really enjoyed the tour.
Recommended to everyone to explore Berlin with Bike ride. It was fun and learnt lots of history.
This tour was definitely the highlight of our trip! Our guide Tom was really knowledgeable, and incredibly witty. One of my favourite moments was when he explained the history of Berlin's divide in the form of a chalk drawing on the sidewalk of a pint of beer. Given that we only had a limited amount of time in Berlin, this was the perfect way for us to get a taste of everything that Berlin had to offer. I highly recommend this tour!
Great tour. Jonathan very knowledgeable and set a good pace for mixed group. Really enjoyed myself - first time on a bike in 30 years.
The highlight of my time in Berlin!! My guide was Neil, he was funny and incredibly knowledgable about the city and its history. Was happy to answer questions at each stop, and stayed after to help everyone with recommendations and directions. The best way to see Berlin and learn about the sites!
Great itinerary, great guide Marc