- 4-hour historical walking tour of Berlin
- Discover top Berlin attractions with your guide including Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag parliament building and Checkpoint Charlie
- Get an up-close look at the remains of the Berlin Wall
- Find out what life was like during WW2 and the Cold War
- See where Hitler's former bunker is located
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Walk through the city with your guide and discover sites linked to the city’s fascinating history. Learn about the Nazi legacy and how Hitler rose to power, and discover what life was like during the Third Reich. See where Hitler's former bunker is and visit the modern Holocaust Memorial. Learn how Germany got divided into East and West during the Cold War as you walk through Checkpoint Charlie, and touch the remains of the Berlin Wall.
Walk under the Brandenburg Gate, the monumental entry to the boulevard Unter den Linden, which was authorized by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace. Near here, admire the Reichstag parliament building, opened in 1894, with its famous glass dome designed by British architect Norman Foster. Since the government moved back to Berlin in 1990, it is now the meeting place of the German parliament.
You can either start your tour in East Berlin or West Berlin, whichever suits your itinerary. No matter which you choose, you’ll still get to see all the sites visited on the tour. If you choose to start your tour in West Berlin, please bring a valid train ticket.
For a full list of sites visited on this Berlin walking tour, please see the Itinerary section below.
See the sights listed below:
- Hitler's Bunker
- Holocaust Memorial
- Brandenburg Gate
- Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Berlin Wall
- Memorial Church
- Death Strip
- East German Government Quarter
- Unter den Linden
- Reichstag Parliament building
Comprehensive. We walked for 4 hours and time flew by. The guide, Taylor, was extremely knowledgeable. Awesome tour.
Excellent lovely enjoyable guide MICHAEL have recommended tour and guide to friends would repeat the tour. Geraldine Roy and friends