- Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of Berlin with entrance to DDR Museum
- Create your personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore Berlin at leisure
- See top Berlin attractions like Berliner Dom, Potsdamer Platz, Friedrichstrasse, Checkpoint Charlie and Brandenburg Gate
- Visit Gendarmenmarkt and head inside DDR Museum to learn about life in East Germany when the country was divided
- Hop on and off as many times as you wish at any of the 20 stops around the city for 48 hours of sightseeing
- Enjoy informative audio commentary in 13 different languages on board the bus
What You Can Expect
Aboard a comfortable, open-top, double-decker bus, admire some of these top city attractions, hopping on and off as many times as you like. See Expressionist architecture at the Kulturforum and perhaps hop off at Gendarmenmarkt to see Deutscher Dom, Französischer Dom and Schinkel’s Konzerthaus. With your ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly 2.5 hours) as you listen to the informative audio commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 20 stops around the city.
Your hop-on hop-off ticket additionally includes entry to DDR Museum. Open daily, the attraction is an interactive museum that documents life in East Germany – when Germany (as it’s known today) was split into two. Known as the Deutsche Demokratische Republik, East Germany was known for its socialist ideologies, but not so many people know about the day-to-day realities of life behind the so-called Iron Curtain. Explore a re-created typical East German kitchen, see a Lipsi dance performed and even watch a replay of a football match on TV!
Berlin Hop-On Hop-Off Tour Stops:
- Kurfurstendamm 220 / Meinekestraesse
- Kurfurstendamm Ecke / corner Rankestrasse
- Lutzowplatz BVG- Haltestelle
- Kulturforum Ecke
- Potsdamer Platz
- Jewish Museum
- Checkpoint Charlie
- East Side Gallery / O2 Arena
- Alexanderplatz / opposite Park Inn Hotel
- Berliner Dom / Berlin Cathedral (boat station)
- Lustgarten / Humbolt-Box
- Friedrichstrasse / Unter den Linden
- Brandenburger Tor / Brandenburg gate
- Hauptbahnhof / Central Station
- Siegessaule / Victory Column
- 17. Juni - Flohmarkt / Flea Market
- Schloss Charlottenburg / Charlottenburg Palace
- Antiquitaetenmeile / Antiques Street
A very useful facility with informed commentary. Two and a half hour round trip can make it difficult to visit more than a few venues on one day as last trip leaves mid afternoon. It might be better if it was organised into the two areas.
The Hop on Hop off tour was excellent value for money. The sights of Berlin are quite spread out but the buses came regularly and the commentary was good. However, there were some blank spots in the commentary(when we weren't passing interesting sights) that could have been filled with some additional facts about Berlin
The DDR museum was a very popular museum and I can see why. There were lots of interesting displays telling the 20+ year history of the wall. Well done to the folks who have both preserved the history and honoured the people who fought for change - I certainly learned something!