This small-group tour limited to 20 people makes for a more laid-back, intimate experience.
- Walking tour of Berlin focusing on subcultures
- Visit neighborhoods including Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Friedrichshain
- See the Turkish area of Kreuzberg and Yaam Beach, the Caribbean section
- Learn about various countercultural movements from your expert guide
- View street art and graffiti and learn the origins of the German fast food called currywurst
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures more individualized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A must-do for those who want to see more than just the regular tourist sights. You learn lots about Berlin's colorful history and discover parts of the city that only locals know!
What You Can Expect
Visit well-known neighborhoods such as Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Friedrichshain. Tour the colorful Turkish area of Kreuzberg and the city's Jewish community. View contemporary and underground art galleries, urban farms, guerilla gardens and organic markets.
Learn the origins of currywurst, a popular German fast food of fried pork sausage with curry-seasoned ketchup, and Doner kebab, a Turkish gyro first served in Berlin. You'll also see Prater Garten Berlin, the city's oldest beer garden.
As you wander around town, your guide will point out sites related to various countercultural movements, including the student protest movement of the 1960s, the rise and fall of the Baader-Meinhof gang in the 1970s and the punk movement and May 1 riots of the 1980s. See mind-blowing street art, graffiti and murals all over town. Learn about the electronic dance musical festival called the Love Parade and the hip-hop, reggae and rasta scene of Yaam Beach.
By the time your in-depth cultural tour of Berlin concludes at Yaam Beach, you'll know much more about the history, neighborhoods and alternative scenes of this fascinating city.
We had a blast on this tour. You have to be open to variations with regards to the program, but the guide was very knowledgable and entertaining.
Great tour! This tour included a great mix of street art, culture and history -- this was a great way to spend 4 hours.