- Private Berlin street art tour followed by a workshop to learn to make street art
- Explore Berlin to see established and brand new examples of street art with a local artist for your private guide
- Learn the history and origins of the underground art scene which has flourished in Berlin since the late 1970s
- Receive instruction on how to make your own street art and practice on the walls of an abandoned factory
- Learn the styles, techniques & terminology of street art, from stencils and paste-ups to tags and installations
- Get familiar with the unwritten codes of conduct among artists
- Create your own street art piece to take home as a souvenir
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is THE tour for aspiring artists or those who have always wanted to try their hand at street art! So much fun and very inspiring!
What You Can Expect
You’ll get a close look at more than 50 local and international artists at work in their studios or in the streets. Feel free to talk with the artists, perhaps about where the movement is headed as well as the changes brought about by the increase in digitally-created art. Along the way you’ll learn about the unwritten rules and codes of conduct that apply to graffiti and street art.
After an inspiring tour of the city’s street art, you’ll receive instruction on how to do various graffiti techniques in a hands-on workshop held in an abandoned factory complex. Learn how to work with stencils and paste-ups, be able to identify different types of street art, and get an introduction to the vocabulary of street art and graffiti. You’ll have a chance to paint the walls of the factory’s creative space and then make your own stencils and urban art to take home with you as a memento of this fascinating Berlin experience!
Your tour ends after the class in Berlin's Lichtenberg district.