- Day trip from Berlin to Potsdam
- Bike tour around Potsdam
- See Sanssouci Palace and other Potsdam attractions
- Have lunch at a beer garden
- Bike rental and train transportation included
What You Can Expect
Delight in the sites as you pedal around Potsdam with your English-speaking guide, including:
- Sanssouci Palace: Explore the New Palace, originally the work of Fredrick the Great, the Orangerie, the windmill and gardens
- Historic Center: Ride through the Dutch quarter admiring the quaintness of Potsdam
- New Gardens: View the fantastic Marble Palace before going into Cecilenhof Palace, where Truman, Stalin and Churchill concluded the Potsdam Agreement. (Entry included)
- No man's land: Ride between West Berlin and East Germany over the Glienicke Bridge where Cold War spy exchanges routinely took place
This guided bike tour is the ideal way to compare the Potsdam of today - a creative energetic university town - with its contrasting past under communist rule, behind the Iron Curtain.
We had a beautiful sunny day to take the train out to Potsdam with a mixed group of adults and children with our bike guide, Craig. This is an amazing way to see this historical and highly unusual architectural city. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the history of Potsdam from the Prussia leaders to the WWII take over by the communist. If you have just a few days in Berlin, I highly recommend this tour.
Julian our guide was great! We were a big group,with kids who would occasionally lag behind,but he was patient and would go back every so often to check on them.Well organized and thorough .Knowledgeable guide with plenty of information.A highly enjoyable and relaxing way to see Potsdam.Highly recommended!