- 4-hour private Segway tour of Berlin, including skip-the-line access to TV Tower
- See Berlin’s top attractions, such as Checkpoint Charlie and Berlin Cathedral, from a height of 666 feet (203 meters)
- Venture off the beaten path and cover more ground than you would on a walking tour
- Coast by significant historical sites like the Berlin Wall and Brandenburg Gate
- Private tour allows for a more attentive, individualized experience
- Perfect for first-timers to Berlin or those wanting more in-depth knowledge!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Berlin Wall: One of the last remaining sections is now under historical protection.
- Checkpoint Charlie: The famous border crossing between East and West Berlin is currently an outdoor exhibit of the Cold War.
- Brandenburg Gate: Germany's most famous monument served as a backdrop for many of Berlin's most important events, from Napoleon's march into Berlin to President Reagan’s famous speech.
- Bebelplatz: The site of the Nazi's infamous 1933 book burning, directly in front of Germany's most prestigious university library.
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe: This powerful memorial includes 2,711 blocks of various heights upon undulating ground.
- Hitler's bunker: Recount the final days of the Third Reich and Hitler's bizarre demise.
- Luftwaffe Ministry: The former Nazi headquarters now houses Germany's Finance Ministry.
- Reichstag: Germany's famous parliament building stood just in front of the Wall in West Berlin.
Please note: List any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so that he or she can better prepare for your private tour.
This was a definite highlight of our entire 16 day trip. I would recommend this as a way to start a city tour in any city in the world that offers it because it is an easy way to get a comprehensive feel of a city and the attractions that it offers. I highly recommend it for those that are concerned with the amount of walking necessary to see a new city as well. You do not need any particular athletic ability or sense of balance either. Segways would be the first thing I would do in each city so that you know what places you want to go back to visit at your own leisure.
Wally-E is the perfect tour guide. We had 5 people in our group, ages ranged from 52 to 16. We started off with individual instructions and practice. Really you only wobble when you first get on and within a few minutes, you feel confident and ready to go. Trust me - we were apprehensive at first - even the two very athletic members of our group.
Wally-E is patient, kind and funny. He is extremely knowledgeable about the City of Berlin as well as the history. I told him that if he was a history teacher, all children would love history. There is a LOT of ground you can cover in 4 hours on a Segway without feeling rushed. We stopped a lot for pictures including pictures that Wally-E took for us. My 16 year old is a history buff, but Wally-E's extensive knowledge and his delivery were so good, that he was engaged fully the entire trip!
Some of the sites we visited were the Brandenburg Gate, Palace of the Republic, Hitler's bunker, Checkpoint Charlie, and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. There was plenty of time to walk through the Memorial, to get pictures at the checkpoint and our passports stamped, and to learn the history of the Bunker. The tour gave us a feel for the layout of the city and spared our legs and feet in a huge way. We were also able to decide we definitely wanted to make a trip to Nazi Topography of Terror museum.
DEFINITELY DO THIS!