- Full-day trip to Sachsenhausen concentration camp from Berlin
- Explore the camp with an expert historian as your guide
- Visit sites such as the punishment cells and gas chambers
- Hear tales of prisoner bravery as well as the chilling atrocities that took place at the camp
- Learn about Germany during the days of the Third Reich
What You Can Expect
For nearly a decade the SS imprisoned some 200,000 Jews, socialists, Communists, and liberals, among other opponents to the Nazi regime. The punishment cells, gas chambers and burial pits that you will see on this tour can be overwhelming, but your guide will put the site's history into context with expert knowledge about one of the darkest periods of the 20th century.
At the end of your time at Sachsenhausen, meet your host to finish the day-long trip with a train ride back to either east or west Berlin (own expense).
Excellent Roy was not only knowledgeable but had a passion for history.
We booked this tour well in advance of our arrival in Berlin, it looked amazing. unfortunately we had forgotten that we booked it so totally missed the tour. So sorry. we didn't ask for a refund as it was our fault. Thank you anyway. We absolutely loved what we saw of Berlin.