- Private walking tour of Berlin focusing on its diverse subcultures
- Explore neighborhoods including Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Friedrichshain
- Experience the Turkish-influenced Kreuzberg neighborhood and the Caribbean vibe of the Yaam Beach area
- Learn about major countercultural movements in Berlin's history from your knowledgeable guide
- View street art and graffiti and visit Berlin's oldest beer garden, Prater Garten Berlin
- Private tour allows for a more intimate, in-depth experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is THE tour for anyone who wants to see more than just the usual Berlin tourist sights. With a local guide you get to see so much that the typical visitor misses and really get a feel for this vibrant city!
What You Can Expect
Check out neighborhoods such as Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Friedrichshain. Explore the colorful Turkish area of Kreuzberg and the city's Jewish community. See contemporary and underground art galleries, urban farms, guerilla gardens, organic markets, and incredible street art, graffiti and murals all over Berlin.
Hear about the origins of currywurst, a wildly popular German fast food of fried pork sausage with curry-seasoned ketchup, and Doner kebab, a Turkish gyro first served in Berlin. Visit Prater Garten Berlin, the city's oldest beer garden.
Throughout your 4.5-hour tour, your guide will show you sites related to various countercultural movements, including the student protest movement of the 1960s, the rise and fall of the Baader-Meinhof gang in the 1970s and the May 1 riots of the 1980s. You'll also learn about the electronic dance musical festival called the Love Parade and the hip-hop, reggae and rasta scene of Yaam Beach.
Your private walking tour of Berlin's rich alternative cultural scene concludes at Yaam Beach, but your guide can offer suggestions on how to experience more of the real Berlin.