- 3.5-hour guided walking tour of Berlin's gay districts
- Explore areas such as Schöneberg, Tiergarten and Kreuzberg with your expert guide
- Retrace the history of the gay culture in Berlin from the 19th century to today
- Learn about the gay community and its main personalities such as Marlene Dietrich and Mayor Klaus Wowereit
- Visit the Gay Museum* (Schwules Museum*) for a deeper comprehension of LGBTQ history and culture
- Discuss the treatment of Homosexuals Persecuted Under Nazism
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start your walking tour in the Schöneberg area and visit Eldorado, one of Berlin’s oldest and most famous trans* bars that once featured regular performances of openly bisexual Marlene Dietrich.
Find out how openly gay and transgendered people found assistance from the sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld, whose Institute for Sexual Science was shut down in during World War II in 1933 and its library destroyed during the Nazi book burning. Then, visit the Memorial to Homosexuals Persecuted Under Nazism.
Continue your tour walking through the Tiergarten, the city’s best-known gay meeting spot hidden behind the Berlin Wall. Find out how LGBTQ figures have shaped the history of Berlin from the Prussian King Friedrich the Great to today’s openly gay Mayor Klaus Wowereit.
Finish your walking tour with a tour of the Gay Museum* (Schwules Museum*) in the vibrant district of Kreuzberg, considered one of the world's first gay museums.
Great and interesting tour. Lorna was the perfect guide.
Robert P USA
Wow! This is one of the best walking tours I have ever taken! Finn really knows his stuff! We even got a bonus of this tour: by taking us on the bus, we drove by several different buildings that he discussed as well as several other "non-gay" sites. The gay part of the tour was amazing; taking us back through the gay history of Berlin all way to the mid 1700's - DO NOT miss this tour if you are in Berlin! I would give it 10 starts if I could!! Highly recommended!!
After reading the book Gay Berlin, I felt the tour was not worth the money. However, with that being said, anyone who hasn't read the book would definitely get a lot out of the tour. Our guide Finn, was very knowledgeable and carried around and iPad to show reference of persons or original places as we went along the tour.
This tour was amazing!