- 4-hour guided walking tour of Berlin's gay districts
- Explore areas such as Schöneberg, Tiergarten and Kreuzberg with your expert guide
- Retrace the history of the gay culture in Berlin from the 19th century to today
- Learn about the gay community and its main personalities such as Marlene Dietrich and Mayor Klaus Wowereit
- Visit the Gay Museum for a deeper comprehension of the gay history and culture
- Visit a memorial for homosexuals persecuted by the Nazis during World War 2
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start your walking tour in the Schöneberg area and visit Eldorado, one of Berlin’s oldest transvestite bars that features regular performances of openly bisexual Marlene Dietrich. Learn how this hotspot is widely known as a meeting place for transvestites and transsexuals.
Find out how openly gay and transgendered people found assistance from the sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld, whose Institute for Sexual Science was shut down in during World War 2 in 1933 and its library destroyed during the Nazi book burning. Then, visit the memorial for homosexuals persecuted by the Nazis.
Continue your tour walking through the Tiergarten, the city’s best-known gay meeting spot hidden behind the Berlin Wall. Find out how LGBT figures have shaped the history of Berlin from the Prussian King Friedrich the Great to today’s openly gay Mayor Klaus Wowereit.
Finish your walking tour with a tour of the Gay Museum (Schwules Museum) in the vibrant district of Kreuzberg, located above a gay night club and considered one of the world's first gay museums.
Great and interesting tour. Lorna was the perfect guide.
Wow! This is one of the best walking tours I have ever taken! Finn really knows his stuff! We even got a bonus of this tour: by taking us on the bus, we drove by several different buildings that he discussed as well as several other "non-gay" sites. The gay part of the tour was amazing; taking us back through the gay history of Berlin all way to the mid 1700's - DO NOT miss this tour if you are in Berlin! I would give it 10 starts if I could!! Highly recommended!!