- 2-day Big Island adventure from Kona or Waikoloa
- Discover local marine life while snorkeling
- Tour a Kona coffee plantation and savor coffee samples
- Enjoy guided hikes to an ancient Hawaiian temple and through a lava tube and lush rainforest
- Camp under a blanket of stars in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Learn about Hawaiian history and culture from your knowledgeable guide
- Equipment and transportation included
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After pickup from Waikoloa or Kona, you’ll head by comfortable vehicle to one of Hawaii’s premier snorkel spots. Stop to snorkel and discover local marine life before continuing south to a Kona coffee farm, where you’ll take a guided tour and sample some gourmet Kona coffee.
Drive south along the western coast and around the southern tip of the island to Punalu’u Beach Park, where you’ll see turtles basking on a black sand. Enjoy a light hike to an ancient Hawaiian heiau (temple) with your guide and then drive to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, where the views are spectacular.
In the evening, you’ll arrive at Halemaumau Crater, a lava lake where Pele, the goddess of fire, is said to live. Visit a local restaurant for dinner (your expense). You’ll camp here under a blanket of stars – a perfect way to end your day.
Overnight: Campground in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Day 2: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Hilo -- Waikoloa or Kona (B, L)
Start your day with your guide teaching you about the lava lake, the surrounding volcanoes and Hawaiian culture while on your way to Thurston Lava Tube. Get out your flashlight to explore the underground cave created by lava!
Hop in the car and continue north along the eastern coast Hilo. Your guide will point out an ancient stone that’s said to have changed the history of the Hawaiian Islands and the destiny of one of the greatest Hawaiian kings.
While admiring ocean views in Hilo, enjoy a light hike to the Rainbow Falls lookout point to marvel at scenic views and then take a moderate hike into a lush rainforest.
Round your way back over to the west side of the island and stop at a pristine beach to swim in the warm Pacific waters. You’ll then be dropped off at your hotel.