- Full-day Grand Circle tour of the Big Island of Hawaii
- Visit Volcanoes National Park (admission included)
- See steam bluffs, Kilauea Iki crater and the Thurston Lava Tube
- Admire the greenery of the tropical rainforest
- Round-trip transportation from your Kona hotel is included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You tour the best of the Big Island's Kona side and Volcanoes National Park on this nicely paced tour. A wonderful way to get your bearings if it's your first visit or see the highlights if you're short on time.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- General PhotoPhoto by: Ashish M
India, 12 2015
- Black sand beachPhoto by: garylcarlson
- Hilo WaterfallsPhoto by: Covey W
- State FlowerPhoto by: Covey W
- Endangered Sea TurtlePhoto by: Covey W
- Totem PolePhoto by: Covey W
- Black sand beach!Photo by: Krista L
- Aloha from Kilauea!Photo by: Ryan F
- Doesn't get any closer to the ...Photo by: Anonymous
- sunsetPhoto by: Ma Y
What You Can Expect
For a person who lived on the island of Oahu all my life and never vacationed on the Big Island this tour was amazing and educational. The Grand Island Circle Tour is a great jump start to see a large part of the island. Our tour guide was entertaining, informative, and fun.
Hilary was very knowledgeable and kept the ride fun with his stories
I recommend doing this tour on your first full day on the island for two reasons: first, it will give you a good overview of what's there so you'll know where to go on the rest of your vacation, and second, it starts early, and if you're coming from the mainland USA, you're going to be at least two hours ahead so you'll be up early anyway.
I was told the bus would be at my hotel at 7 am, we got to the pick up point about 6:45 and he was already there. Lunch is at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, if you choose to eat there the other option is to bring your own lunch, you'll be given a menu on the bus, make your selection and it's called ahead and your table is ready for you when you get there.
Our driver, Kala, seemed to know everything there is to know about the island, its history, and Hawaiian culture, and freely shared it.
This was a very well done tour. I especially appreciate having been guided by a native Hawaiian who speaks both English and Hawaiian and knows a lot of the native culture of the islands.
Chantale C Canada
It was our first time in Big Island so we booked the Grand Circle Island Tour to see most of it. We enjoyed every stops.
Great tour. Very enjoyable.
It was a perfect way to see the highlights of the whole island. We enjoyed our tour leader and meeting other tourists. We would definitely recommend it!
Our driver was very knowledgeable and made our experience one to remember. He had a lot of interesting facts and kept our tour bus engaged the whole trip. The stops were also very informational and showed the best sites on the island!
We had a wonderful driver, Kimo Sabe, who keep us informed with the behind the scenes story along the way. Good way to start a stay at the big Island.