- Full-day tour of Big Island Hawaii Volcano National Park
- Closest approach to the lava flows from Chain of Craters Road
- Explore Thurston Lava Tube and Kilauea Iki Crater
- Visit the Jaggar Museum
- Scenic drive through Hilo Town and Banyan Drive
- Learn the natural history of the Big Island volcanoes
- Professionally narrated tour
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you're looking to get as close to the lava flows as possible, this is your best bet. Your full-day adventure also features quality time on Kilauea and visits to the cavelike Thurston Lava Tube and the Jaggar volcano museum.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
You'll explore Hawaii Volcano National Park, Thurston Lava Tube and Kilauea Volcano, and visit the Jaggar Museum. If conditions are deemed safe by the National Park Service, you'll also have the opportunity to hike out onto the lava flow.
This Big Island Hawaii Volcano tour also takes you through Hilo Town and Banyan Drive, the waterfalls at Rainbow Falls (if time permits), a macadamia nut factory (seasonal), and an orchid and anthurium nursery.
We both really enjoyed this tour in Hilo. It was a long day but it was very interesting. Our bus driver was Sharon. She was very friendly and knowledgeable and heaps of fun. She even sang to us. Loved everything about this trip. We were not disappointed at all.
The guide was awesome and cooperative.