- Full-day tour of the Waipio Valley and Hamakua Coast
- Be wowed by three stunning Big Island waterfalls: Hiilawe Falls, Akaka Falls and Rainbow Falls
- Hike to a black-sand beach for dramatic coastal views
- Enjoy a Hawaiian lunch crafted in the gourmet kitchen of the tour operator.
- Snacks, drinks and hotel transport from Kona and Kohala included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures you enjoy a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Drive along the floor of Waipio Valley, admiring the lush surroundings and learning about the native vegetation and history of the valley from your knowledgeable guide. Stop to take an easy hike to a black-sand beach, and then traverse more of the landscape in your 4WD, crossing rivers and streams and passing by taro fields. Arrive at Hiilawe Falls, one of the tallest waterfalls in Hawaii, and then climb out of the valley to a scenic lookout point for breathtaking views.
Next, head to Waipio Valley Lookout to enjoy spectacular views while enjoying your gourmet lunch which consists of Teriyaki Chicken, Grill Fish, Rice, and seaweed salad (Vegetarian meals are available upon request).
After lunch, visit Akaka Falls, a 442-foot (135-meter) waterfall surrounded by verdant foliage. Continue to Hilo to see Rainbow Falls, and then check out the Hilo Farmers’ Market to stock up on fresh island fruit and other goods, if you wish.
Head back to Kona and Kohala via Saddle Road, aka Highway 200, a drive that takes you between two of the Big Island’s tallest volcanic peaks — Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off. Snacks and drinks are provided throughout the tour; you’ll spend about 30 to 40 minutes at each stop to take photos and soak in the surroundings.