- Hilo shore excursion to Rainbow Falls and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Experience the powerful, rushing Rainbow Falls at Wailuku River State Park
- See two of the world's most active volcanoes - Mauna Loa and Kilauea
- Delight in the colorful and fragrant orchids and tropical flowers at Akatsuka Orchid Nursery
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your Hilo shore excursion continues to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, where you’ll get a special tour of Mauna Loa’s nut and chocolate processing plant and watch the nut-husking and drying process. Learn how a macadamia nut is grown and processed, and be sure to try a few samples of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts!
Continue to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, one of the Big Island’s most popular attractions. The park is home to two of the world’s most active volcanoes – Mauna Loa and Kīlauea.
Walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, where a river of red lava rushed through hundreds of years ago. Get up close to the enormous Halemanumau Crater, which measures 3,000 feet (915 meters) across and 280 feet (85 meters) deep, and watch it come alive with hisses and steams. Stop by Jagger Museum to learn more about Kīlauea, and then step outside on the overlook to get a fantastic view of the crater.
Finish your day at the Akatsuka Orchid Nursery. Step inside a colorful and fragrant paradise of orchids, and learn about the different orchids and tropical flowers native to Hawaii.
This tour can only be booked by cruise passengers
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Hilo Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
We enjoyed this trip due to the lovely lady tour guide who made it a pleasurable and enjoyable trip.
excellent it was just unfortunate that the weather that day was cold and very wet yet we managed to enjoy the amazing sight at the edge of the crater