- Historical and cultural tour of Kona
- Admire beautiful, three-dimensional paintings at St Benedict's Painted Church
- Learn how Kona coffee is processed and enjoy a free sample
- Learn about how Kona coffee is processed and enjoy a free sample
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Today, you can experience the peace of Puuhonua o Honoaunau National Historical Park, where ancient temples and ki’i (carved wooden images) hint at stories from the past. Stroll around this palm-covered sanctuary and enjoy the view of Honaunau Bay.
Continue your historical journey to St. Benedict’s Painted Church, where Belgian-born Father Velghe’s three-dimensional paintings depict heroes from the Bible. This artwork served as an important teaching tool in a time when many people couldn’t read and write. Father Velghe painted this church in 1842, and this parish continues the work Father Velghe began more than a century ago.
Finish your shore excursion at the Royal Kona Coffee Visitor Center, where you’ll see how coffee “cherries” are processed into delicious Royal Kona coffee. Enjoy the view of Kealakekua Bay in the distance and savor a sample of Kona coffee.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Kona Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.