- 2-hour private surfing lesson in Kona
- Learn how to surf Hawaii’s famous waves safely
- Enjoy personalized attention tailored to your skill level from a knowledgeable instructor
- Practice the basics on dry land, and then enter the water to put your new skills to use
- Reef booties and rash guard provided
What You Can Expect
Then walk to the beach, where — if you are a beginner — you’ll stay on the sand to learn the basics before entering the water. Following your instructor’s directions, practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your board. Before heading into the ocean, listen carefully to the explanation of surfing etiquette and how to wipe out safely.
When you’re ready, fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board, paddling out from the beach. Your instructor will be with you in the water, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up — and making sure you don’t go anywhere near the bigger waves unless you're more experienced.