- Private tour of Puna and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- See the former village of Kalapana submerged by a volcanic eruption
- Enjoy a Hawaiian barbecue lunch at a macadamia nut and honey farm
- Walk through Lava Tree State Park and view the Ohia trees engulfed by volcanic ashes from Kilauea
- Get up close to volcanoes and steam vents at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Private party tour limited to 13 passengers
Drive across solidified black lava flow in a private SUV or van to the Puna District, home to Kilauea, the most active volcano in the world! Visit the former village of Kalapana, which was destroyed by a volcanic eruption, and hear first-hand stories from residents who witnessed the destruction. Walk across the hardened lava that entombed Kalapana and see the new black-sand beach of Kaimu. Next, travel to a private macadamia nut and honey farm and feast on a savory Hawaiian barbecue lunch (included). Chat with farmers and learn what it’s like to operate a macadamia nut farm that sits on an active volcano.
After lunch, head to Lava Tree State Park and walk through thickets of bamboo and orchids. Arrive at a group of lava trees created in 1790 when the rainforest was submerged in lava. The lava hardened around the trees, which burned away, creating molds of lava. Your guide will then take you to a pristine coastal lagoon teeming with tropical fish and the occasional green sea turtle.
In the late afternoon, you’ll go to Hawaiian Volcanoes National Park. The landscape of the park is stunning, with dozens of craters, steam vents and hardened lava. Your private guide will lead you through the park, visiting the Thurston Lava Tube, the Jaggar Museum and Devastation Trail. Hear the hissing of gases at the steam vents and see the fiery lake of lava at the Halema'uma'u Crater Vent. You'll get a comprehensive view of the park and receive expert commentary from your guide.