- Day trip to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park from Kona or Waikaloa
- See turtles basking on the black sand of Punaluu Beach
- Enjoy a picnic lunch and taste freshly brewed Kona coffee
- Hike through a lava tube and see red-hot lava glowing at night!
- Use the iPad to see high-def photos and videos and learn background information on the sites you visit, plus play games and listen to music in the car
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A friendly and entertaining tour that combines the two things the Big Island is best known for: volcanoes and coffee! The guide is supremely knowledgeable and the free use of an iPad during the trip to learn more about the attractions or just while away the driving time is a cool perk.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lots of wildlife: Chameleon ...Photo by: Paul K
- lava fieldsPhoto by: Paul K
- Turtle at black sand beachPhoto by: Paul K
- Sulphur deposits at a steam ...Photo by: Paul K
- A pair of Nene geesePhoto by: Paul K
- Glow of Kilauea at nightPhoto by: Paul K
- The glowing lava lake at nightPhoto by: Celine
- The lava tubePhoto by: Celine
- At the lava-buried seashorePhoto by: Celine
- Inside the volcanoes parkPhoto by: Celine
- A plant named Monky-tailPhoto by: Celine
- The black sandPhoto by: Celine
- Coffee farm tourPhoto by: Celine
- Punalu'u black sand beachPhoto by: Celine
- Beautiful views on the wayPhoto by: Celine
- Lava treesPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Volcanoes National ParkPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Kona coffee farmPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Green sea turtlePhoto by: reneecornaga
- Panalulu black sand beachPhoto by: reneecornaga
What You Can Expect
Sandra D United States of ...
This tour was one of the highlights of our trip! Katie was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the tour and was so attentive to all of our needs. We enjoyed hearing about her experiences living on the island as she asked us questions of our lives. She made us feel as though we were hanging out with a new friend for the day! I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting the Big Island! A big Texas Thank You to Katie for a great day!
Excellent, thanks Katie
First time to Hawaii....a wonderful tour and highlight of our trip...intimate experience with only 5 people plus Katie, the awesome tour guide...all day event in which you honestly see most of the Big Island. Kona Coffee Farm, Macadamia Nut Farm, Black Sand Beach, Volcanoes National Park and a quick stop at 6000 feet to stargaze. Katie was absolutely awesome, being fully prepared for the adventure snacks, drinks, raincoats, iPads, flashlights, a ukulele!. Very skillful as a musician and photographer as well as very knowledgable. Absolutely would recommend to anyone headed to the Big Island.
This was our first trip to the Big Island, so we were looking for an overview tour. This was the perfect tour for us as it had a great variety of places to see and things to do. Katie was the perfect guide, both entertaining and well informed. We had a great time.
Great trip. Knowledgeable guide Katy. Good meals and excellent visits to Kona Coffee Farm and Volcanoes National Park.
Loved this tour - was a great way to see the island and I cannot even describe the amazing volcano experience!!
Our tour guide was FANTASTIC!!!
DO THIS TOUR FIRST when visiting Big Island. Dominik is great, he's so knowledgeable about Big Island-- history, nature, wildlife, local places to eat and took extra time for my touristy needs. My husband and I found it so cool to apply everything we learned on this tour to when we went about the island on our own thereafter. I'm not big on hiking but the hike was great even though it rained for a bit, you get amazing views and awesome photo opportunities. The Kona coffee farm was fun, you get to learn about what makes Kona coffee special and you get unlimited samples. Trust me, you will buy coffee from this farm You are also well fed throughout the tour--lunch, desserts, snacks and dinner. DO THIS TOUR, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
What an outstanding tour! Dominik the tour guide did a great job and is very knowledgeable about volcanoes and all things Hawaiian. This was my favorite tour during my week in Hawaii and I would recommend it to everyone!
Awesome tour! Our small-group turned out to just be my daughter and myself, so it was really a private tour. Our guide, Katie, was the best. She was very personable and by the end of the day felt like a friend. Because it was just the two of us we were able to see and do some extra things that a larger group would have missed out on. If you just plan one activity for your stay, then this is the one.
beautiful, amazing, and well thought out.