This small-group tour is limited to 10 people, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Day trip to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park from Kona or Waikaloa
- See turtles basking on the black sand of Punaluu Beach
- Enjoy a picnic lunch and taste freshly brewed Kona coffee
- Hike through a lava tube and see red-hot lava glowing at night!
- Use the iPad to see high-def photos and videos and learn background information on the sites you visit, plus play games and listen to music in the car
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A friendly and entertaining tour that combines the two things the Big Island is best known for: volcanoes and coffee! The guide is supremely knowledgeable and the free use of an iPad during the trip to learn more about the attractions or just while away the driving time is a cool perk.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lots of wildlife: Chameleon ...Photo by: Paul K
- lava fieldsPhoto by: Paul K
- Turtle at black sand beachPhoto by: Paul K
- Sulphur deposits at a steam ...Photo by: Paul K
- A pair of Nene geesePhoto by: Paul K
- Glow of Kilauea at nightPhoto by: Paul K
- The glowing lava lake at nightPhoto by: Celine
- The lava tubePhoto by: Celine
- At the lava-buried seashorePhoto by: Celine
- Inside the volcanoes parkPhoto by: Celine
- A plant named Monky-tailPhoto by: Celine
- The black sandPhoto by: Celine
- Coffee farm tourPhoto by: Celine
- Punalu'u black sand beachPhoto by: Celine
- Beautiful views on the wayPhoto by: Celine
- Lava treesPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Volcanoes National ParkPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Kona coffee farmPhoto by: reneecornaga
- Green sea turtlePhoto by: reneecornaga
- Panalulu black sand beachPhoto by: reneecornaga
What You Can Expect
Continue to Punalu’u Beach Park, where you’ll see turtles basking on the black sand. Enjoy a picnic lunch and then take an easy hike along the beach.
Follow your guide on a hike through a lava tube, where you’ll see sulphur banks and vents emitting hot steam. At Halemaumau Crater, you’ll get the unique chance to see a glowing lava lake at night. It tends to get cold up there, so you'll be served dinner consisting of warm soup with bread and yummy desserts, accompanied by water and fruit juices.
And don’t forget about your iPad! Throughout your journey, you can use your iPad to see high-definition photos and videos and learn background information on the sites you visit. While in the car, you are also welcome to play games, listen to music, watch movies and see videos on ancient Hawaii.
You’ll return to your hotel at around 9pm.
DO THIS TOUR FIRST when visiting Big Island. Dominik is great, he's so knowledgeable about Big Island-- history, nature, wildlife, local places to eat and took extra time for my touristy needs. My husband and I found it so cool to apply everything we learned on this tour to when we went about the island on our own thereafter. I'm not big on hiking but the hike was great even though it rained for a bit, you get amazing views and awesome photo opportunities. The Kona coffee farm was fun, you get to learn about what makes Kona coffee special and you get unlimited samples. Trust me, you will buy coffee from this farm You are also well fed throughout the tour--lunch, desserts, snacks and dinner. DO THIS TOUR, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
What an outstanding tour! Dominik the tour guide did a great job and is very knowledgeable about volcanoes and all things Hawaiian. This was my favorite tour during my week in Hawaii and I would recommend it to everyone!
Awesome tour! Our small-group turned out to just be my daughter and myself, so it was really a private tour. Our guide, Katie, was the best. She was very personable and by the end of the day felt like a friend. Because it was just the two of us we were able to see and do some extra things that a larger group would have missed out on. If you just plan one activity for your stay, then this is the one.
beautiful, amazing, and well thought out.
Our guide was very informative, he knew the Island and how to get around. The stops for photos and great.
Katie is an exceptional and informative tour guide. The trip to the Thai restaurant was one of the best meals we ate on our trip. The only downside was that it rained that evening so we did not get a good view of the volcano
Everything about this small group tour met or exceeded expectations. Our guide was knowledgable and very personable, and woked with us to provide almost a private tour feel. The vehicle was comfortable and the food provided was excellent.
What an amazing day! I would highly recommend this tour! Our tour guide
Katie was awesome! She was very knowledgeable. She even took us to some places that were not listed as part of the tour!
The tour was great. Our guide Dominique was very friendly, knowledgeable and informative. We would take another tour by this company again.
Our tour guide Dominik was simply the best tour guide we have ever had. He made the experience very memorable and we would highly recommend him.