- 2-hour Big Island surfing lesson in Kona
- Learn how to surf Hawaii’s famous waves safely with a knowledgeable instructor
- Enjoy personalized attention tailored to your skill level in a group limited to either two or three people
- Practice the basics like popping up on dry land, then enter the water to put your new skills to use
- Surfboard, reef booties and rash guard provided
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Lessons feature either a 2-to-1 or 3-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio, offering a personalized experience that can be tailored to your skill level.
What You Can Expect
Then head to the beach and hit the sand, learning the basics before you enter the water. Following your instructor’s directions, practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your board. Then listen carefully to the explanation of surfing etiquette and how to wipe out safely before hitting the waves.
When you’re ready, fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board, paddling out from the beach. Your instructor will be with you in the water, telling you where to be, when to paddle and when to pop up. If you need it, you’ll be given a little push from the back of your board to make sure you catch as many waves as you can.
Instruction is tailored to your skill level; if you are a beginner, your instructor will make sure you don’t go anywhere near the bigger waves. If you are at a more advanced level, you instructor can provide advice on how to read waves, how to turn and how to catch larger waves.