- 2-hour Big Island surfing lesson in Kona
- Learn how to surf Hawaii’s famous waves safely with a knowledgeable instructor
- Enjoy personalized attention tailored to your skill level in a group limited to either two or three people
- Practice the basics like popping up on dry land, then enter the water to put your new skills to use
- Surfboard, reef booties and rash guard provided
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Lessons feature either a 2-to-1 or 3-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio, offering a personalized experience that can be tailored to your skill level.
What You Can Expect
My 18 year old daughter did this lesson and she said it was her most favorite thing she did during our trip. The instructor was very very good, she got up in no time and the smile on her face was there for 2 hours. He was patient, responsible and the perfect person to do instruction. The waves were small enough but perfect for learning there is a place under trees by a tiny church to sit and video or watch from. Best experience ever.
These instructors were fabulous. So glad we did this. the area and waves seemed great for beginners. The instructors were very patient, encouraging and fun. Would definitely recommend this.
Maybe it was just that the waves were not big enough but there were few in our group that did any actual surfing. The day was beautiful and the event enjoyable but didn't feel like I got the surfing out of it.