- 2-hour helicopter tour of the Big Island from Kona
- Toast your adventure with Champagne before take-off
- Admire amazing aerial views of the Big Island’s beaches, mountains and rainforests
- Look down in wonder on Mauna Loa and Kilauea volcanoes
- Watch the famous Hawaiian sunset as you fly above the island’s west coast
- Helicopter is limited to just six guests, providing a small-group experience
- This thrilling Viator exclusive is available nowhere else
What You Can Expect
Next, fly to the far side of the Kohala Mountains to look down on a series of lush hidden valleys, and then cruise down to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to hover over Mauna Loa, the largest volcano on Earth, and Kilauea, the most active of the Big Island’s volcanoes. By this time, the sun will have fallen behind the mountains, allowing you to spot the glowing lava more easily and admire the magma lake in Halema'uma'u Crater.
Continue to the southern tip of the Big Island, passing over the black-sand beach of Punalu’u and the green-sand beach of Papakolea, two of Hawaii’s most striking stretches of coastline. Round the tip of the island and head back north along the west coast, flying over Pu’uhonua ‘o Honaunau National Historic Park, which once served as a refuge for ancient Hawaiians who broke a law. As you fly from the park to Kealakekua Bay, a couple of miles north, the sun begins to set, creating quite a show.
Watch the sky turn shades of yellow, orange, red and purple, and keep your eyes peeled for the rare flash of green that appears on the horizon when the conditions are just right. When the sky finally turns dark, return to the airport, from where you’ll be transferred back to your hotel.
Flight time is approximately two hours; total duration is approximately three hours including the check-in and pre-departure process.