- 1.5-hour private tour of the Guggenheim Bilbao Museum with an official museum guide
- Admire the chrome exterior of the Frank Gehry-designed building
- Pose for pictures next to Jeff Koons' Puppy feature
- See incredible works of contemporary art like Joseph Beuys’s Lightning with Stag in its Glare
- Learn of the ideas behind Richard Serra's Expressionist masterpieces
What You Can Expect
Only official art-expert guides are allowed to operate tours inside the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, so rest assured that you'll have somebody at your side who can talk you through the meanings of the collection's many masterpieces. Showcasing modern and contemporary art by a range of international artists, the Guggenheim’s collections span from the mid-20th century to the present day. See it all as you walk around with your guide, passing through the Atrium – an exhibition in its own right – and around the collections that are spread around three levels.
Learn about theatrical installations such as Joseph Beuys’s Lightning with Stag in its Glare, and see works by other hugely influential artists such as Francesco Clemente, Jenny Holzer and Richard Long. Hear tales of Basque modern art and see intriguing features like Richard Serra’s The Matter of Time.
If you would like to focus on one section of the museum more than another, then simply let your guide know! The exact itinerary is flexible. After 1.5 hours, your tour finishes inside the museum and you can continue exploring independently if you wish.