- Visit Loyola, Getaria, Zarauz and San Sebastian from Bilbao
- Discover the basilica and the tower house in Sanctuary of Loyola, hometown of the founder of the Jesuits
- Drink healing water in Zestoa - you never know!
- Stop in the magnificent little fishing village Getaria
- Relax at the beach of Zarautz
- Explore San Sebastian on a panoramic tour and walking tour through the beautiful old quarter
What You Can Expect
Next you follow the route towards the coast on the north, passing through Azpeitia. You will also pass through Zestoa, a famous natural spa village with healing waters that attracted the royalty of Europe during the 19th and 20th centuries.
Later you will arrive to the coast at Zumaia, a beautiful village very much appreciated by Basque summer tourists. Following the coastal road you will arrive at your next stop, Getaria. A unique medieval fishing village and hometown of famous figures like captain Juan Sebastian Elcano (the first man to travel around the world by sea), and Cristobal Balenciaga, the famous designer.
Then you will pass by Zarauz, a beautiful tourist spot with the largest beach in the province of Gipuzkoa. You will arrive finally to San Sebastian where you will do a panoramic tour of the city. After lunch, you will do a walking tour into the old quarter visiting the most interesting streets and locations before returning to Bilbao 6:00pm approximately.
The tour was great. We saw things we never would have seen during a limited time in northern Spain, and the tour guide, Gary, was fantastic. I would recommend this tour for anyone seeking to leverage a lot of experiences into a single day.
Excellent Tour! Enjoyed it very much since it was a great overview of that part of the Basque country. Our guide Garai is worth his weight in gold. Professional, knowledgeable and also ready to answer any and all questions. My 85 year old mother loved it too! Would do it again!