- Round-trip steam train ride from Bogota
- See the scenic savannah landscape surrounding Bogotá on the relaxing train journey
- Enjoy free time in the towns of Zipaquirá and Cajicá to explore on your own
- Visit the famous Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá if you wish (own expense)
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Depart the Bogota station for the first stretch of the train ride. During the 3-hour ride, listen to music from a Colombian band while munching on delicious food from the onboard snack bar (own expense), and enjoy picturesque views out the window of the gorgeous landscapes that make up the Bogota savannah.
When you arrive in the town of Zipaquirá, you’ll have one hour of free time to explore on your own. Zipaquira’s most famous attraction is the Salt Cathedral (entrance at own expense). This impressive church, built within the tunnels of a salt mine, originally opened in 1954 and was rebuilt in 1991, when 250,000 tons of salt were removed. This stunning structure is truly a must-see sight in Zipaquirá.
After your hour in Zipaquirá, re-board the steam train for the ride to the town of Cajicá, where you’ll have two hours of free time. Browse the local shops and stop for a delicious Colombian lunch (own expense).
When your free time in Cajicá is up, board the train one last time for the journey back to Bogota.