- Day trip to Villa de Leyva from Bogotá
- Learn the history of this colonial village from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit Convento Santo Ecce Homo and the craft town of Raquira
- Stop at the Boyacá Bridge, where the Battle of Boyacá took place in the 19th century
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
This is a beautiful town and the landscapes you watch while getting there are breathtaking. I gave it 4 stars because the driver was like a "maniac on wheels". At some point when I saw him passing 4 cars in a curved two lanes highway I started to think "That's it". I am glad we came back alive.
Too far away from Bogota for a day trip
Villa de Leyva is definitely an enchanting village with an amazingly big plaza, it is worth seeing. However my tour guide, even if a very nice young man, was not prepared at all. He barely said few words about this place and if you pay for a private tour as I did you surely except much more information.
We cannot rate this your highly. Although our guide (Haiti) spoke English, she did not have a strong command of the language. It was very difficult to understand many of her words. She often didn't understand what we were asking (with repeated attempts, rephrased differently). See e-mail sent.