- Day trip to the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral and Laguna de Guatavita
- Venture underground with your expert guide and see the magnificent salt cathedral of Zipaquirá
- Visit the picturesque Laguna de Guatavita and admire the scenic landscape
- Enjoy a delicious Colombian lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
After visiting Zipaquirá, head to a restaurant right outside the town for an authentic Colombian lunch. After lunch, make your way to Laguna de Guatavita, a small, circular lake north of Bogotá. Surrounded by mountains, the lake was once the sacred place of the indigenous Muisca tribe. The lake is known for the 'el dorado' legend, which suggests that many golden treasures are hidden at the bottom of the lake. Spaniards and other foreigners went to the lake in search of gold but found nothing.
After exploring the scenic landscape surrounding Laguna de Guatavita, visit the Tominé Reservoir, which controls the water supply of Bogotá. You'll also have the chance to purchase local crafts, including products made of wool, clay and gold, before being transferred back to your Bogotá hotel.