- Private 2.5-hour tour of Bologna's gastronomic highlights
- Visit a traditional bakery, pasta maker, mortadella shop, chocolate maker and osteria
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
- Private English-speaking guide
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this private gastronomy walking tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The highlight of the tour is perhaps your visit to a traditional chocolate maker, where solid chocolate was invented! Your tour also includes a visit to a typical Bolognese osteria (restaurant), to discover the fun-loving side of Italy's oldest university.
This in-depth, hassle-free private tour is hosted by an English-speaking guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Bologna's history is not as self-evident as in some other tourist-destination cities in Italy, so having a good guide is especially important here. Gioco did a great job. Personable and considerate as well as deeply well-informed, he gave us a solid historical tour at the same time as we got to sample some wonderful food.
A superb overall guide to the history and of course the food of Bologna. Giacomo, our guide was extremely knowledgable and interesting, and even going to places we had been on our own the day before we learnt so much more. There was probably less about food than we were expecting, but that was fine, and tasting of gelato, chocolate and a superb antipasto lunch with wine rounded it off perfectly, recommended!