- Half-day trip to Arcachon from Bordeaux
- Climb to the top of Europe’s largest sand dune, Pyla Dune (Dune du Pyla)
- Admire the town houses of Arcachon on a drive through the picturesque streets
- Sample fresh oysters at a local oyster farm
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
The tour starts with a visit to Pyla Dune (Dune du Pyla), the largest sand dune in Europe. Hike to the top of the dune and enjoy fantastic views of the Landes forest, the Bay of Arcachon and the Atlantic Ocean.
Next, admire the town of Arcachon as you are driven through the old streets. Pass by the impressive town houses that are popular with wealthy French families during the summer holidays.
Your guide will drive you to one of the many local oyster farms, for which this area is famous. Meet the oyster producer and learn more about the traditional methods of oyster cultivation while enjoying a complimentary tasting of six fresh Arcachon oysters accompanied by a glass of white wine.
Enjoy some time relaxing on a scenic beach before the drive back to Bordeaux.
This was sooo much fun and the oysters was super yummy. A must do tour on a sunny day!
Professional tour guide. Stunned by the Dune and the oyster tasting session at the oyster farm was a real good experience, we had some of the best oysters we have ever had!