- 6-hour wine tour to vineyards and wineries in the Graves sub-region of Bordeaux
- Visit two châteaux with a guide, and see the winemaking process up close
- Explore the vineyards and see the grapes growing on the vine
- Taste wine at each winery and appreciate the subtle yet complex flavors
- Enjoy lunch in a château, and learn how to pair wine with food
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Wine fans may be familiar with the ‘Institute National des Appellations d'Origine’ — an organization that regulates and protects agricultural produce of specific interest throughout France. The red and white wine produced in the Bordeaux winemaking region of Graves were classified in 1953 by the institute under the name Pessac-Leognan, and it has been carefully protected and highly prized ever since.
For your first visit of the day, stop at a wine château in Graves, enjoy a tour of the winery, hear your guide explain the winemaking process and take time to ask any questions you may have. Afterward, try some of the delicate wine during a tasting session.
Continue onward to the second château on your tour. Explore the winery with a guide, and perhaps pose for photographs among the vines! Sit down to a country-style lunch here, and enjoy a second tasting session. This beautiful terroir produces red and dry white wine that can be served with a wide range of dishes. Learn how the professionals carefully select certain wines to complement each course, and gain an appreciation of the exquisite flavor combinations.
The exact châteaux visited on the tour may vary, but will be two of the following: Château Bouscaut, Château Carbonnieux, Domaine de Chevalier, Château Couhins, Château Couhins-Lurton, Château Fieuzal, Château Haut-Bailly, Château Latour-Martillac, Château Malartic-Lagravière, Château Olivier or Château Smith Haut Lafitte.
After your second visit, relax on the return coach trip back to Bordeaux where your wine tour ends.
First course (choice of one):
- Oysters from Arachon Bay
- Foie gras with Port, apple and gingerbread
- Half–duck breast with a mushroom sauce
- Ewe cheese and black cherry jam