- Bike tour of the St-Emilion region with train ride from Bordeaux
- Discover the delightful village of St-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy lunch and a wine-tasting lesson at a family-run cheateau
- Cycle through vineyards and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the French countryside
- Pass renowned St-Emilion wine chateaux like Petrus and Cheval Blanc
- Taste four different wines throughout the day
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people offers a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive in St-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to the Middle Ages, you will enjoy a guided walking tour of the beautiful village. Next, hop on your bike and follow your guide to the first wine chateau of the day – a family-run venue located in the middle of a beautiful park in the heart of St Emilion. After you are greeted with your first sample of wine, sit down to a delicious three-course lunch in the gardens of the chateau or in the orangerie, depending on the weather (please see the Itinerary section below for a sample menu). When you’ve finished eating, learn about different wine-tasting techniques with a class that includes two glasses of wine from the chateau. Train your nose to recognize different flavors and learn how to analyze the color. Then discover more on a tour of the chateau and wine cellars.
Jump back on your bike and cycle 10 miles (15 km) through the beautiful vineyards of St Emilion and past many well-known chateaux like Petrus and Cheval Blanc. Make your way to a classified-growth chateau on the edge of St Emilion and enjoy a tour of the vineyards and the wine cellars. Learn about the winemaking process and how the grapes get from the vine to the bottle before finishing your tour with a tasting session of wines from the estate. All you need to do next is cycle back to the train station or hop in the minibus to return to Bordeaux.
This easy bike ride is a total of 12.5 miles (20 km) but you must be in good physical health.
- Charcuterie (ham, pate, dried sausage, chorizo)
- Roast pork or beef (cold) with a vegetable salad
- Chocolate cake
- Lemon pie
This was an amazing tour! Remi and Claire were our guides and they were great fun people. The ride is great passing by beautiful chatous and breath taking landscapes... The ride isnt hard to anyone can do it. Wine tasting was really good, and lunch was just wow!!
I highly recommend to take this tour
Excellent tour. Lunch was a delicious 4courses under the shade of a beautiful tree in the chateau gardens. Cycling fun, wine yum! Our guide Remi was most friendly and knowledgable. Highly recommended.