- Hop-on hop-off trolley sightseeing tour of Boston
- Visit the Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, Boston Common and more
- Hop off at 11 stops to explore Boston independently, or enjoy the full 80 minute narrated ride
- Enjoy a scenic harbor cruise (May to Oct) or gain entrance to the amazing stained-glass Mapparium
- Choose a 24-hour or 48-hour trolley ticket
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Plan ahead for the stops you want to make, and be sure to call ahead to see if any exhibits are closed. This will save you the time and stress of planning on-the-go.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Hop off to explore sights at your own place including Charlestown, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, the Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Copley Square, the New England Aquarium, the North End and the Bunker Hill Pavilion.
Choose a 24-hour or 48-hour trolley ticket, giving you the flexibility to create your own itinerary and sightsee at your leisure. Also included with your trolley tour is a harbor cruise (from May to October) or entrance to the Mapparium® – your choice!
Sit back, relax and enjoy the waterfront sights on a 45-minute cruise along Boston Harbor. Cruises depart from the New England Aquarium every hour on the half hour, from 10:30am to 4:30pm.
If cruises aren't your thing, opt for admission to the Mary Baker Eddy Library to stand in awe of the giant Mapparium, a 3-story globe of stained glass viewed from a 30-foot-long (9-meter) bridge running through the library’s interior. Don’t forget your camera for this unique exhibit!
Trolleys depart from each stop approximately every 20 minutes from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- New England Aquarium & Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Board at Main Trolley Depot
- North End (Little Italy/Fleet Center): Board at Commercial Street at the skating rink
- USS Constitution: Board near the ship's museum
- TD Garden: Board at Bobby Orr statue on Causeway Street
- Old State House & Site of the Boston Massacre: Board across from Old State House at Court Street
- Theater District, Tremont Hotel: Board at the hotel
- City Place: Board in front of PF Chang's
- Cheers, Newbury Street: Board at Beacon Street in front of Cheers
- Copley Square, Trinity Church: Board on Boylston Street at Phillip Brooks Statue
- State House, Boston Common: Board in front of Shaw Memorial across from the State House
- Rowes Wharf: Board just past Hook Lobster on Atlantic Avenue
Fantastic! Great tour and fun tour guide. We only had a short time so the tour was a perfect way to see Boston
Thanks to our driver/guide for doing it all - drive and tour - he is a retired history teacher and he was wealth of information .... highly recommended!!
Very informative and fun. We had several different drivers throughout our stay and was very impressed with the knowledge that each of the drivers had about the history of Boston. I certainly could not have driven in that crazy traffic and they did so with a smile and told great stories. I certainly learned a lot about Boston from these drivers.
We had a great time!! We had three different drivers/tour guides and they were all wonderful. We were really pleased with the info they shared and they were quite entertaining. Thank you.
It was great
was very nice. enjoyed the harbor cruise too! all very interesting!
Very nice! It was a bit uncomfortable sitting on the bench for over 2 hrs, but we saw all the sites we wanted and it included a tour of the harbor....
Great way to see the city. Very fun and informative. Guides were wicked awesome!
The driver knew the city and it was clear that he enjoyed his job. Loved the convenience. The Copley stop is not clearly marked but all the rest were just fine.
The staff working on the buses were excellent, interesting and very informative and knowledgeable about Boston. The boat trip that was included was very good. The Hop on Hop Off bus is great it gives you the opportunity to see the city and places you would not know about. Would recommend it money well spent.