- Hop-on hop-off trolley sightseeing tour of Boston
- Visit the Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, Boston Common and more
- Hop off at 11 stops to explore Boston independently, or enjoy the full 80 minute narrated ride
- Enjoy a scenic harbor cruise (May to Oct) or gain entrance to the amazing stained-glass Mapparium
- Choose a 24-hour or 48-hour trolley ticket
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Plan ahead for the stops you want to make, and be sure to call ahead to see if any exhibits are closed. This will save you the time and stress of planning on-the-go.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Hop on the red San Francisco–style trolley car at any of the 16 stops and see some of Boston’s top attractions — such as the New England Aquarium, historic Quincy Market, Boston Common, Copley Square, Fenway Park, Cambridge, the North End and the USS Constitution ( aka Old Ironsides) — and the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum, just to name a few.
When the trolley stops at a place of particular interest, hop off to visit, then hop back on whenever it’s convenient. With 24- and 48-hour ticket options, this tour offers the flexibility to create your own itinerary.
Each Beantown Trolley ticket includes the choice of a 45-minute Boston Harbor cruise (good May–October) or free admission to the Mapparium®.
Trolleys depart from each stop approximately every 20 minutes from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- New England Aquarium & Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Board at Main Trolley Depot
- North End (Little Italy/Fleet Center): Board at Commercial Street at the skating rink
- USS Constitution: Board near the ship's museum
- TD Garden: Board at Bobby Orr statue on Causeway Street
- Old State House & Site of the Boston Massacre: Board across from Old State House at Court Street
- Theater District, Tremont Hotel: Board at the hotel
- City Place: Board in front of PF Chang's
- Cheers, Newbury Street: Board at Beacon Street in front of Cheers
- Copley Square, Trinity Church: Board on Boylston Street at Phillip Brooks Statue
- State House, Boston Common: Board in front of Shaw Memorial across from the State House
- Rowes Wharf: Board just past Hook Lobster on Atlantic Avenue
Fantastic! Great tour and fun tour guide. We only had a short time so the tour was a perfect way to see Boston
Thanks to our driver/guide for doing it all - drive and tour - he is a retired history teacher and he was wealth of information .... highly recommended!!
Very informative and fun. We had several different drivers throughout our stay and was very impressed with the knowledge that each of the drivers had about the history of Boston. I certainly could not have driven in that crazy traffic and they did so with a smile and told great stories. I certainly learned a lot about Boston from these drivers.
We had a great time!! We had three different drivers/tour guides and they were all wonderful. We were really pleased with the info they shared and they were quite entertaining. Thank you.
It was great
was very nice. enjoyed the harbor cruise too! all very interesting!
Very nice! It was a bit uncomfortable sitting on the bench for over 2 hrs, but we saw all the sites we wanted and it included a tour of the harbor....
Great way to see the city. Very fun and informative. Guides were wicked awesome!
The driver knew the city and it was clear that he enjoyed his job. Loved the convenience. The Copley stop is not clearly marked but all the rest were just fine.