- Two-hour Boston wine tasting and walking tour
- Stroll through one of Boston’s historical neighborhoods
- Taste up to six different varietals at three upscale venues
- Learn about wine history as you pair delectable food and wine
- Choose from four tours: Harvard Square, South End, North End or Back Bay
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience with a knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
See descriptions of each tour and a list of venues under Itinerary below.
Get a glimpse of Harvard Square’s vibrant restaurant culture and learn interesting yet little-known facts about America’s oldest university while sampling award-winning American, Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. You’ll enjoy a world-class selection of wines, with an emphasis on sparkling wines, hailing from Spain, France and the US.
- Nubar Restaurant and Lounge: a chic restaurant inside the Sheraton Commander Hotel with an eclectic wine list featuring French classics as well as South American and California vintages. Sip Spanish cava and California sparkling wine, nibble on fruit and local cheeses, and learn how French Champagne is made.
Explore the gastronomical diversity of Boston’s ‘Restaurant Row’ with a unique and eclectic sampling of Southwestern, Modern American and French cuisine. Enjoy a handpicked selection of wine from Burgundy and Rhone in France, Patagonia in Argentina, and Puglia in Italy, combined with an old-world rustic French culinary style and new-world American innovation.
- Gaslight Brasserie: a classic neighborhood Parisian brasserie with warm and inviting décor, including a hand-crafted Parisian zinc bar, reclaimed wood floors, mosaic tiles and beamed wood ceilings.
- Cinquecento: a 250-seat restaurant featuring provincial Roman cuisine from Chef Chris Robins, a 100-bottle wine list and an Italian onyx marble bar.
- Masa: an award-winning menu, pairing flavors and cooking styles of southwestern cuisine with local New England ingredients.
Learn about grapes, Italian food pairings and entertaining history while sampling Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Prosecco and Pinot Bianco. Taste the wines of Tuscany, Piedmont, Abruzzo and more through a top-tier collection of North End establishments.
- Aragosta at Fairmont Battery Wharf: a sophisticated urban waterfront retreat surrounded by shopping, fine dining, stunning coastal views and the rich historical setting of downtown Boston.
- Tresca or Gennaro's 5 North Square: sample delicious Italian varietals paired with wonderful Northern Italian specialties. Discuss different Italian wine regions.
- The Wine Bottega: a cozy gem with wine tastings in an authentic and sophisticated wine cellar.
Admire the beautiful architecture of 19th-century American-Victorian urban design and sample the best Italian, classical New England and French cuisine along with exquisite French Cabernets, Sicilian Marsalas and many other selections.
- Legal Seafoods: a 40 page-wine list and an award-winning wine cellar, which holds more than 10,000 bottles and 800 different labels in a comfortable lounge three fathoms below ground.
- Maggiano's Boston: authentic Italian food and Italian wine in the comfort of a VIP room.
- L'Espalier Restaurant: the first independently owned restaurant to bring haute cuisine to Boston.
Very informative on the wines we tried and the restaurants were a good choice!
The North End wine tour was great. Our tour guide was extremely friendly and knowledgeable on various types of wines. i would highly recommend this tour to anyone trying to plan a nice afternoon in the north end.
Raz was great! Learned a lot and tried some great wines! Given this was Italian wine based, there were more red wines than white - only suggestion would be to even it out a bit more.
Other than that, it was a great day! Gave it to my mother as a gift for Christmas and she loved it. Good snacks and a good time.
Lin was very knowledgeable. Really learned alot from her.
Lot's of fun!
My whole family thoroughly enjoyed this event! Our tour guide Lynn was fantastic and the other members of our event were great party guests. We would highly recommend this very enjoyable (and eductational) event for anyone looking for a different type of fun.
Roz was extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of wine. I learned more than I expected and tasted some of the best wines. We even bought a case of wine from the Wine Bottega on Hanover. I would highly recommend this tour if you are looking to gain some experience in wine and want to take a course in a short amour of time. Well worth it!
This wine tour was amazing! It was run by an extremely smart sommelier. I feel like I know so much about wine after this trip!!!
Amazing. We had a wonderful time. Phenomenal Wine Tasting
A fun way to spend 2 hours in the North End. Our guide was knowledgeable and taught us things about wine we didn't know. The food served at Artu was fabulous. We look forward to having a meal there sometime soon.