- Lobster-bake day trip in Maine from Boston
- Stop at the Nubble Lighthouse -- one of the most photographed lighthouses in America
- Dive into a traditional lobster bake luncheon including mussels, clam chowder and corn
- Visit Stonewall Kitchen, known for their jams, jellies and other culinary delights
- Spend 2 hours shopping at the Kittery Outlets for brand names such as Coach and Ralph Lauren
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned coach
What You Can Expect
Then it’s off to downtown York and a traditional New England lobster bake lunch, complete with fresh-dug Maine clams and mussels, classic New England clam chowder, sweet corn on the cob, roasted red potatoes and onions and warm butter. This type of lunch fare can be enjoyed in many parts of the world, but nowhere else is it as authentic as right here in York. This is as good as it gets. Oh, and there’s blueberry crumb cake for desert. For any children in the group, kid-friendly hot dogs and BBQ chicken are available options.
After lunch, continue on to Stonewall Kitchen, a specialty foods store. Think jams and preserves, mustards, syrups, olive and flavored oils, sauces, chutneys and relishes, salad dressings, pickled vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes and the like. How about a jar of wild Maine blueberry jam? It’s one of many delicious options. Finally, on the way back to Boston, stop and shop for two hours at the 120 brand-name stores that make up the Kittery Outlets.
Note: This summertime tour runs June–August.
Samuel D USA
not enough time spent at nubble light house.Lobster bake was good.The other Restuarant was busy and not very interesting.
Perhaps a little longer than expected at Kittery Maine shops.
Driver was very good.Prompt.
Good trip.Just more time for us Light House enthusiasts!