- Day trip to Newport the Sailing Capital of the World from Boston
- Admission to the Marble House mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, one of the Gilded Age mansions
- Tour the The Breakers mansion, the grandest of Newport's mansions and owned by the Vanderbilt family
- See the glamorous private yachts and modern racing sailboats
- Stroll along Newport's beautifully restored waterfront for shopping and lunch on your own
- Enjoy a ten-mile ocean drive with spectacular views of mansions and secluded coves
Then, journey to Newport, the Sailing Capital of the World, and admire the Colonial heritage. Stroll along Newport's beautifully restored waterfront for shopping and lunch on your own. See the glamorous private yachts, modern racing sailboats, Newport's fishing fleet and ships from around the world.
In the afternoon, visit a second famous mansion, and enjoy ten-mile Ocean Drive with spectacular views of mansions and secluded coves before returning to Boston.
This tour is seasonal and only operates from June to October.
Reviewed by Chloe S, October 2012
Very nice day out of Boston. You get to see how the other half lived and stop in a Newport. We had 2.5 hours there but I could have easily spent more time there. Quaint sea side town, many restaurants and plenty of shops to see. Would recommend this tour. Tour includes admission to 2 mansions. Cant take photos though- so be prepared.
Reviewed by Ron B, September 2012
Excellent tour. Both mansions were well worth seeing. Plenty of time in Newport to have lunch and shop.